Welcome to Five Link Friday – this is where I share with you some of my favorite recent links. Have one of your own? (Or five.) Please share in the comments below!
1) A while back I took a survey on how musicians and composers make money. Here is the results of that survey. I think it’s incredibly interesting to see the ways that musicians and composers combine revenue sources to create a “job”.
2) Promotion is one of those things that both interests and terrifies me. I have been told that I’m good at it. I don’t know, I’m continuing learning. This post offers some good ideas on different places to post about your projects online. http://blog.rockthepost.com/2012/04/12-places-to-promote-your-rock-the-pos-project-online/
3) 10 new ways to build a kick-ass digital resume – Pretty much speaks for itself. It’s an interesting time right now – people make up their mind about you before they ever speak to you. I have had a number of people call me based off what they see on my website or what they read on my Facebook updates. I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but it’s definitely real.
4) We all know we need to network. Gigs are probably the best place to do that and here’s one post on how. How to network on the gig I’m curious – how do you network? Any tips?
5) A friend of mine on Facebook posted this on another friend’s wall and as a big John Mayer fan, I had to check it out. I was blown away. Sit down and watch the whole clinic – you’ll learn something and laugh while doing it. At least I did. 🙂