Welcome to Five Link Friday! Every Friday I share 5 of my favorite links found online. Enjoy and please add your own favorites in the comments below!
1) New Engines of Growth: Five Roles for Arts, Culture and Design – This is a really interesting read about some of the things different cities are doing to grow the arts. It was really neat to see what different cities are doing.
2) This is an interesting article about eduction and how all teachers can learn from jazz teachers. What makes this article interesting is that it’s not written by a jazz educator. I believe this is common knowledge to the average jazz band director, but it is really interesting to read about jazz education from a different perspective. What do you think? Does he has the answer to the eduction system woes?
3) This is a heart-warming article about the jazz group, The Fringe, written by a friend (and one of my favorite bari players!) Claire Daly. It made me smile, I hope it does the same for you!
4) Every January I attend the Jazz Education Network Conference. This is a nice video interviewing one of the attendees from the last conference.
5) Everyone has their own level of comfort when it comes to intimacy both online and in person. I’ll hug a perfect stranger, although I realize that not everyone is like that. This is an interesting article and the comments are interesting too. What are you comfortable with online?