I’m a list maker. There’s hardly a day where my desk isn’t covered in post-it notes and I tend to write things out to help me think things through. I recently stumbled across a blog post that had a list of 10 things you should do every work day. (Link provided below). As a self-employee musician, by work day can feel a bit scattered. My schedule changes from day to day, and I have to keep myself on task. So, I made a list. And I’d like to share it…
- Complete Morning Pages (from The Artist’s Way) and AM Composing
- Read something related to my industry – music, improvisation, jazz, education
- Read something related to business development
- Listen to an entire jazz album
- Reach out to 3-5 professional contacts – regarding gigs, networking, help, hello, etc.
- Review my top three goals for my business that are focused on its growth.
- Identify and execute one task to support each of my top three goals.
- Schedule to post five valuable pieces of content on all of my major social media accounts – Twitter, FB, LinkedIn and Post 2 valuable pieces of content on Instagram and FB Pages
- Create a useful, insightful, meaningful, helpful, or sharing blog post and share
- Take a full minute to appreciate what I have and how far I’ve come.
- Take a full 10 minutes to dream big and imagine the possibilities.
- Draw or paint something
My current top three goals:
Apply for grants/funding
Be a better musician and more live playing work
Develop clinics ideas
You probably noticed that I have more than 10 things on my list. Well, I couldn’t help it. I’m a jazz musician – I improvised. 🙂
What are your 10 things to do every work day? Share in the comments below.
Inspired by this post by The Build Network: http://www.inc.com/the-build-network/10-things-to-do-every-workday.html